Senior Meeting Planner
Civility Management Solutions (CivilityMS) provides Conference Logistics/Meeting Support, and Training Support Services to the Federal Government, to include the Department of Health and Human Services, Department of Defense, Department of the Air Force, Department of Veteran Affairs, and Department of the Treasury. We provide on-site and virtual event management, staffing, and technical support during each event.
About the position
We are looking for an energetic, detailed oriented, self-directed person to support overall our operational objectives of planning, coordinating, executing, and facilitating in-person, virtual, and hybrid conferences/events for our customers.
The Senior Meeting Planner shall provide support to the customer by serving as an event planning logistics expert and shall be able to lead and provide backup support for in-person, virtual, and hybrid events held on-site at customer headquarters or off-site throughout the United States. Additionally, the Senior Meeting Planner shall provide dedicated support on a regular (daily) basis, as well as on an intermittent basis, for tasks and activities identified below. Beyond the initial training period, the logistics expert will be expected to successfully execute duties independently when appropriate.
This support includes the following:
- provide guidance and consultation to event owners on event planning logistics
- collaborate with the Events Management Team on virtual platform testing and existing processes
- facilitate assigned events as the lead or back-up
- Schedule and manage rehearsals from beginning to end, answer questions and verify that all participants are comfortable with their roles during the event.
- Serve as the technical host or co-host during rehearsals and events. Conduct audio and video checks, assist with basic questions/issues, and escalate complex issues to the customer's Technology and Innovation point of contact.
- Assign participant privileges and change participant roles during rehearsals and events as needed.
- Create or modify a Microsoft PowerPoint 508 compliant logistics slide displayed at the beginning of the event.
- Be prepared to provide verbal logistical information at the beginning of the event.
- Upload, share and run PPT presentations, videos, websites, etc. as needed.
- Enter and facilitate polling questions.
- Create and manage breakout sessions.
- Monitor the chat and Q&A for both technical issues and program questions.
- Request closed captioning services, recording capability and other requirements as needed.
For hybrid and in-person events:
Work closely with the Events Management Team and/or contractors to:
- Schedule and attend event debrief/close-out; complete Client Close Out form and distribute to all in attendance.
- Assist with other event management logistical and administrative duties as assigned.
- Identify venues, inspect potential locations, determine site specifications and requirements.
In collaboration with the AV Technicians, serve as the WebEx or MS Teams technical host during the rehearsals and events
Determine room set-up, develop room diagrams, coordinate logistics for staging and equipment.
- In conjunction with audio visual technicians or vendor, identify audio visual equipment needs, e.g., lighting, sound, stage, pipe and drape and establish setup and strike schedules
- Follow customer policy for food and beverage, determine food and beverage service requirements, select menus, establish service times, duration, and breakdown.
- For events assigned, act as the Point-of-Contact the day of the event for vendors, supporting operations teams and volunteers
Provide onsite logistical management of event.
- Assist with the approval process for the use and scheduling of multi-purpose rooms and web conference rooms.
- Assist with post-event cleanup.
- Schedule and attend event debrief/close-out; complete Client Close out form and distribute to all in attendance.
- Assist with other events management logistical and administrative duties as assigned.
- Follow all agency policies and procedures as they pertain to event management.
- Use the Microsoft Outlook events shared calendar for documenting all meetings as they pertain to assigned events.
- File all documents as they pertain to assigned events in the SharePoint shared folder and the Herc file for recordings.
The Senior Meeting Planner must have at least ten years of experience in the field of event planning, be knowledgeable in the use of WebEx Meetings, WebEx Training, WebEx Events, WebEx Webinar and Microsoft Teams Webinar and able to host (lead) and cohost events.
This Senior Meeting Planner will be expected to provide logistical support to assigned events either as a lead or as a back-up Senior Meeting Planner. This Planner will also review event requirements and schedule intake meetings with Event Owners to go over event logistics.
The candidate must be able to work evenings and weekends as needed; and available for travel as needed. Travel up to 20%.